Monday, July 17, 2006
Tribute to my grandma
Browsing through my computer’s folder, I came across this photos of my grandma with my sons. It was taken on her Birthday last year. In fact, this is the last photos taken before she passed on, 6 July 2005, to be with the Lord.

I don’t know she was a believer until I saw that it was a Christian wake that day I went down. Later I found out that it was my big Uncle’s wife that brought her to church. PTL.

I don’t really know all the facts about her but only knows she was a strong woman. After grandpa passed away ( when mom was very young ), she single handed took care and raised 6 children (include my mom). She was very fierce too ….accordingly to my mom..

All of us were taken care by her when we were young. She would call us to do house-hold chores and then reward us with $$. Big sitting room, I think is 50 cents , small room 20 cents, wash toilet 10 cents etc .. I always lost to my brother and cousins one, only kena the small room …haha.

Her last wish is to see all her children come to know the Lord. Amen grandma !!

婆婆, 我们天国见.



Labels:

 
posted by jOHnsOn 强 at 9:33 AM | Permalink |


4 love me:


  • At July 17, 2006 1:55 PM, Blogger SO blessed

    20 cents per day, 365 days, 30 yrs ... convert to today's currency ... wahh ... that's a pretty handsome amount ... shall we go for another great feasting!!!

     
  • At July 17, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Dr. Craig

    I can see how much your grandma loved you all and how she did her best to raise set a standard for the family. It is in her eyes. Your family is amazing and blessed. What I really love about your photos is the happiness and joy I see in the faces of the children. When you can see that in the faces of children you know that God is smiling on you!! PTL

     
  • At July 18, 2006 8:44 AM, Blogger jOHnsOn 强

    hi JP, thanks for dropping a note of encouragements. You are bless too.

     
  • At July 18, 2006 11:48 PM, Blogger sunstonesmuimui

    reminds me of my ah-ma, who left us 2 yrs ago. wasnt closed with her. but seeing her frail n thin in the hospital bed made my heart ache. didnt response to anyone except her fav grandson (my cousin) n her long-time fren. couldnt stop tearing after i visited her in the hosp. but God is gd. showed my in 1 Kings that He has heard my prayer; salvation for ah-ma. i believed so. she's in heaven now. even if i did not hear/see for myself she accepted Jesus. Who can resist Jesus? I believed she followed Him :)